The Hotel Villa Paradiso or Pernot-Favini , known as Villa Carlotta, was built in the second half of the 19th century by the Pernot family and was completed in 1892-93, when it was bought by the Milanese lawyer Gaetano Favini.
Favini named the villa in honor of his mother the noblewoman Carlotta Sessa. The Villa, built on a small hill and directly on the lake, had already an impressive and stately elegance and the park behind was set into the hillside. When Favini died, the Villa passed to his niece, Alessandra, daughter of his brother Luigi Favini, and to her husband Luigi Sessa, knight of the crown of Italy and Mayor of Arzago d’Adda. Alessandra lived here with her daughters Gaetanina , Camilla e Carla Sessa who was the wife of Giovanni Gatti Grami.
Today the Villa, transformed into an hotel, is Known as the Hotel Villa Paradiso.